Find us on your favorite player (Apple, Spotify + all the rest). 🎧
Join this conversation
The hardest part about setting #SciComm goals is…Tweet
How can we set and use scicomm goals so they lift us up instead of drag us down? [we’re going for boo-yah! 🦾]
- Clearly articulate your goals from the beginning of any scicomm project or whenever you have an inflection point 📈in your career.
- Give yourself permission to give self-reflection the time, energy, and respect it needs to serve you well.
- Allow yourself to use your goals as a “living document” and recognize that your goals will change over time. That’s life, not failure. 🎯
How to get started setting your own goals in just a few minutes:
- For 5 min: write down (in brief) all the goals you can think of, big or small, that you’re currently pursuing.
- For 5 min: write down why you are pursuing each goal. 🤔
Knowing your “why” is adjacent to setting attainable, measurable goals and will set you up to productively work more on this later.
Listen to the full episode for:
- Why setting goals is essential for science communication project and career success
- How Virginia uses goal-setting to chart her freelance career
- What it’s like to set goals as a team
- How Bethann uses goal-setting to strategically add opportunities to her academic workload
- How personal and professional goals can inform each other
- When goals become a burden and what strategies we use to turn things around
Thanks for listening, and come on over to the virtual convo! You bring the snacks, we’ll do lemonade and sodas. 🥃🥃🥨