Find us on your favorite player (Apple, Spotify + all the rest). 🎧
Join this conversation
Reframing a CV or resume so it’s a tool, not a weight🥌, isn’t radical, but it’s important. @meteorscicomm takes it a step farther: what *should* my #scicomm job title be? I should be called….Tweet
Instead of CVs and resumes being a tally📏, how can we think differently about CVs and resumes to get an extra career boost out of them?
Lately, we’ve tried:
- Using these documents as self-assessment tools to encourage positive self-evaluation
- Crafting our own job titles and definitions of ourselves so they reflect our motivations rather than the tasks we perform for a paycheck
Two tips to shift the way you present yourself in just a few minutes:
- For no less than 2 min: write down all the motivation words you can think of for why you hold your current position (don’t stop until your timer goes off!) ⏳
- Build your own job title; make it reflect your word cloud better than the job description title you’ve been assigned by your employer 🏆
Knowing your “why” is adjacent to setting attainable, measurable goals and will set you up to productively work more on this later.
Listen to the full episode for:
- A cheeky summary of our own CVs, resumes, and thoughts about these documents
- How Bethann and Virginia have used CV and resume updates to ask for permission less and assume roles more confidently
- Our strategies for getting quality and quantity into an application package
Thanks for listening! Let’s keep this convo rolling: we’ll do the popcorn, you bring the scicomm mocktails! 🍿🥂